DIRECTIONS: READ COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR ASSIGNMENT!
Read Scene 5. Prepare answers for the following questions before opening the quiz. A variety of questions types will be created from these questions: Multiple Choice, True/False, and short answer.
- a) Who is Teiresias? b) Describe him and explain why he is important to Creon.
- According to Teiresias, why are the gods deaf when they pray to them?
- a) How does Teiresias know the gods are deaf? b) What proof does he have?
- What does he appeal to Creon to do?
- Creon responds by accusing Teiresias of something. What?
- Does Teiresias back down? Explain.
- Of what does he warn Creon?
- What does the Choragus tell Creon to do after Teiresias leaves?
- Does he listen?
- What does the Messenger tell the Choragus?
- Who is Eurydice?
- How does she learn of her son’s fate?
- What does Creon do before going to the vault to rescue Antigone?
- How does Antigone die?
- Is Haemon alive when his father reaches the vault where Antigone has been locked?
- How does Haemon react to his father’s presence?
- How does he die?
- What is the fate of Eurydice?
- What were her last words, according to the Messenger?
- How would you describe Creon’s state of mind at the end of the play? Copy one quote to support your answer.
- What final “lesson” does the Choragus leave the audience at the end of the play? Copy it.